Funkyjimmer's Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

WORKING A LOT!

WOW! I've really been working for the funeral home (Flanner and Buchanan) A LOT! Out of the last 4 weeks I have worked 12 days. Some of those days were long days. We had 4 funerals last Saturday and I worked at 3 of them. I also worked Sunday afternoon and evening. I will work Monday and Wednesday this week. I really enjoy what I do. It is sad that so many people have experienced the death of a loved one, especially at this season of the year. But I am glad for the opportunity to help so many people as well as my co-workers at the funeral centers. I'm working two funerals tomorrow so I'll be going from about 7:30 or 8 a. m. to around 9 or 9:30 p.m. We also have a funeral scheduled for Friday but I'll not be able to work that because I'll be attending the . . .

INDIANA STUDENT LEADERSHIP FORUM

This weekend is the annual Indiana Student Leadership Forum on Faith and Values. We have about 20 students from 14 Indiana colleges and universities registered. We are disappointed that Congressman Pence will not be able to be with us this year. Now that he is the third highest ranking leader in the Republican Party his attendance is required at a Congressional Retreat of some kind. But we have some excellent other speakers scheduled and a great community service project. I always look forward to our Friday night visit to the State Legislature and the State Supreme Court. I hope and pray that all goes well this weekend.

FACE BOOK

My friend David Felton set me up with Face Book. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it and how to use it. It has been rewarding so far. I was contacted by a lady whom I had led to the Lord back in 1965. I had lost contact with her for many, many years. But I'm not using Face Book to the best advantage. David warned me that it is addictive! At this point I don't look for Face Book to replace this Journal but who knows. I wanted on Face Book because I have been told that is how many of my friends, especially those in college, keep in touch. So maybe I can keep in better contact with some of them

It will probably be next week before I can Post on this Journal again.

posted by jim 10:45 PM 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

 

Someplace to think outloud and maybe someone will think back.

Past
current