Funkyjimmer's Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

THE WEEK IN REVIEW--PROJECTS YET TO TACKLE

Some people worry about boredom when they retire. I have yet to experience any thing like boredom. I suppose that's partly because I had a plan for retirement before I actually retired. But largely it is because God is blessing me by using me in various capacities.

Since I Posted last week I have worked several funerals, conducted one commital service, worked a couple of mornings at my church's Welcome Desk, attended my small group Bible study and had a "Pizza night out" with my small group. Yesterday I worked a funeral visitation and Memorial Service. I'm at another funeral this morning.

I'm looking forward to my small group Bible study tomorrow night and I'm eagerly anticipating having lunch with a former co-worker Wednesday. In addition to working at my church's Welcome Desk again this week, who knows what the week will produce?

There are several projects I have wanted to tackle after retirement that are still awaiting my attention. One project is learning to use my computer scanner. It will be so convenient to be able to scan and email when necessary. It's not as high a priority now that I have my F.A.X. machine. But a lot of people to whom I want to send things do not have access to a F.A.X. machine. So scanning will be a benefit. It's just a matter of finding the book and trying to translate the instructions into something I can perform. Hopefully I can begin that learning process this week.

I want to set up some sort of bookkeeping system to track my income-outgo. It would be nice to know if I am living within my income! Eventually I'll find someone to teach me how to set it all up on an Excel spreadsheet. But for now I will use some very old ledger sheets I used many years ago (before the pre-computer-Excel era) to set up something manually. I want to be sure I know what I'm doing before going to an Excel spreadsheet.

Also, I have numerous pictures that need to be put in frames. That's another project awaiting my attention. All this besides the daily activities. And I always have a number of books that I want to read. And I'm trying to get into a routine on my treadmill. There always seems to be a number of obstacles to getting into that routine. "One session on the treadmill in 3 days does not a routine make!" But that's a goal anyway.

More later.

posted by jim 9:10 AM 1 comments

Comments:
Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy with many good things! Glad to hear that things are going well.

Pictures in frames? I've always found that one a difficult one to make time for.

God bless!
 
Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

 

Someplace to think outloud and maybe someone will think back.

Past
current